HeritX participated in the Sixth International Symposium on Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer held in Montreal May 10-13, 2016. The conference, entitled “BRCA: Challenges and Opportunities” brought together more than 500 scientists, clinicians, genetic counselors and patients from 26 countries to discuss the latest research and advances in patient care for the hereditary breast and ovarian cancer community. Dr. Thomas Bock represented HeritX and presented a poster entitled “The HeritX Global Initiative to Prevent Inherited BRCA Cancer” (shown above) which was enthusiastically received. HeritX’s poster described the HeritX Global Initiative to Prevent Inherited BRCA Cancer including HeritX’s goals and strategies and its multidisciplinary approach, which includes collaboration between the scientific research community, the biopharmaceutical community and at-risk individuals and families. The presentation also included the R&D Roadmap developed at the HeritX International Banbury Center Conference in November 2015. Many researchers, clinicians and others stopped by the poster to interact with Dr. Bock and to learn more about how to support our efforts. The HeritX poster was the only presentation on developing new non-surgical preventions for BRCA cancer at this conference.
- Prevention Advocacy Network Forum at Menorah Medical Center
- Margaret I. Cuomo, MD, joins the HeritX Board of Trustees
- HeritX Announces the Appointment of Points Group CEO Thomas Hofstetter to the HeritX Board
- HeritX: Putting Prevention First This National Cancer Prevention Month
- Generations of Hope Forum in South Florida